Payment of Filing Fees
- The electronic payment feature in CM/ECF at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Puerto Rico is not available for Title III cases and their adversary proceedings.
It is recommended that the filing fee be paid before submitting any of these filings in CM/ECF:
- Notice of Appeal
- Notice of Interlocutory Appeal
- Application for Admission Pro Hac Vice
Filing fee for Adversary Proceedings (Civil Action) :
- Payment of the fee is due within 24 hours of the filing.
- Payment must be accompanied by a complete copy of the document and case number.
- Filing fee payments shall be guided by the District Court Miscellaneous Fee Schedule.
CM/ECF allows the filer to complete the filing transaction without including the payment information (receipt number).
- Please be advised that payment of the fee is due within 24 hours of the filing.
Failure to submit payment could result in the following:
- The denial of the motion, or
- The issuance of a Notice of Defective Pleading,
- and/or the eventual dismissal of the adversary proceeding.
- For more information on other procedures in the PROMESA cases, please call 787-772-3401 or 1-888-889-5727.
How to Pay a Filing Fee
- Any fee required for the filing of a pleading in the Court is payable at the Clerk’s Office of the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico (Federico Degetau Federal Building Room 150 – 150 Carlos Chardon Ave – San Juan, PR 00918-1767).
- Payment must be accompanied by a complete copy of the document.
|Check or Money Order||