|CJA Attorney Panel Information||787.772.3016||Carmen_Serrano@prd.uscourts.gov|
The Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Committee was established pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act Plan approved by the judges of the Court. It is composed by a U.S. District Judge (who chairs the committee), one U.S. Magistrate Judge, the Clerk of Court, the Federal Public Defender, and five (5) active members of the bar in Good Standing who serve without compensation in staggered terms. The CJA Committee is responsible for, among other matters:
- Implementing the District's CJA Plan
- Managing the CJA Mentoring Program for attorneys requesting membership in the CJA Panel
- Evaluating the applications to the CJA Panel
- Managing the Continuing Legal Education requirements for CJA Panel members
- Assessing the performance of CJA Panel members.
- CJA Committee: Order of Delegation of Authority (04.17.2018)
CJA Committee Members List
Hon. Aida M. Delgado-Colón, CJA Committee Chairperson
U.S. District Judge
Hon. Bruce J. McGiverin
U.S. Magistrate Judge
Maria Antongiorgi-Jordan, Esq.
Clerk of Court
Eric A. Vos, Esq.
Federal Public Defender
- Lydia Lizarribar, Esq.
- Manuel Pietrantoni, Esq.
- Jose R. Aguayo, Esq.
- Laura Maldonado, Esq.
- Joseph Boucher, Esq.
CJA Attorney Panel
Attorneys may apply for membership in the CJA Panel by filling-out the CJA Panel Questionnaire and Application and delivering same to the Clerk's Office (attn Chief Deputy Clerk), Federico Degetau Federal Building, Rm. 150, 150 Carlos Chardón Street, San Juan, PR 00918-1767.
Information as to membership on the First Circuit CJA Panel is posted in the Criminal Justice Act Materials section of the First Circuit's website. If you are a First Circuit CJA Panel member and want to confirm the expiration of your term, you can consult the list of First Circuit CJA Panel Members.
CJA Panel Membership Forms
- CJA Panel - How to Apply
- CJA Panel Questionnaire and Application (New Appointment)
- CJA Panel Questionnaire and Application (Reappointment)
- CJA Current Information Form
- CJA Forms & Instructions
- Continuing Legal Education Certification Form for CJA Panel Members
- Mentoring Program: Certificate of Attendance
- Mentoring Program: Mentor's Comments