Welcome to the Press and Media Page for the United States District Court of Puerto Rico. This page is intended to assist members of the press and media who cover proceedings and cases before the United States District Court of Puerto Rico.
To view Press Releases issued by the District Court of Puerto Rico, please click here.
To view the most recent Federal Judiciary news, click here to access the United States Courts' website.
For any questions regarding press and media coverage of District Court of Puerto Rico proceedings, click here.
Click on the following URL links for additional information:
- Local Rule 83F (Security)
- Guidelines for Public, Press and Media to Access Video/Teleconference Hearings in the United States District Court of Puerto Rico (Rev. May 2020)
- Notice to Press and Media Outlets: Coverage of PROMESA Hearings and Proceedings
- Amended Standing Order: Major, Widely Known or Publicized Cases
Requesting Court-issued Press Identification
Courtrooms generally are open to the public, so journalists do not need special credentials, other than a government-issued photo identification (such as a driver's license) to get into US District Court of Puerto Rico facilities.
However, court issued Press Identification is required to enter any USDCPR courthouse with a cell phone or electronic device. Journalist with court-issued press identification may use those devices in the designated press room space, if available. Cell phones are not permitted in courtrooms without permission of the presiding judge.
- Process to request Court-issued Press Identification for members of the press and media (Rev. Jan. 2013)
Covering Federal Court
The Administrative Office of the United States Courts has developed the following publications to introduce the media to the federal judicial system:
- A Journalist's Guide to the Federal Courts (PDF Format)
Most court records are in electronic format, so the most convenient way to obtain them is through PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) database. PACER may be accessed at the Clerk's Office or by opening a PACER account. To open a PACER account, contact the PACER Service Center at 800-676-6856 or visit https://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/pscof/regWizard.jsf